My passion is culture and people. As an authentic leader, I believe that building high performing teams and healthy workplaces begin with culture. To build culture, people need to have the opportunity to explore and discover who they are as leaders. The 10-month program at Leadership Saskatoon provides the opportunity for participants to step into that space. The program is designed to take people on a journey of self-discovery, build relationships in the community, learn and practice transferable skills and, above all else, allow them the space to grow as leaders.
While in the program, I watched team members in various roles flourish and broaden their perspective. During my five years as a Director, I’ve heard the following feedback from those that participated in Leadership Saskatoon:
- It was a journey that helped me learn and define more of who I am;
- The course provided me with the tools to facilitate and drive better outcomes;
- Greatest take away was the relationships we built and, to this day, still bounce ideas off each other as we continue to grow as leaders;
- I have changed the way I approach work activities; I focus on the collaboration of multiple perspectives
- The beginning was very awkward and uncomfortable, and then the entire course was nothing short of amazing. It helped me gain confidence in myself
- Better understand leadership and impacts on people
- Open to other perspectives and taught me active listening and the importance of crucial conversations I would highly recommend Leadership Saskatoon as a leadership development opportunity for the team.
A team of professionals who are committed to leadership development will support and guide participants with group processes that facilitate their leadership journey.
Participants are matched with individuals who have a history of strong leadership to serve as a coach and mentor around leadership.
Participant teams are formed around passions/interests in community issues, offering the opportunity to explore and share understanding of leadership by looking at real issues, and providing a team experience that will enhance self-awareness and growth.